Some courses may be eligible for CE credit. Contact us to learn more.
- Self-Care and personal competence in high stress environments
- Strategies for effective communication and engagement
- Belonging as a construct for effective behavioral change
- The neurobiology of stress and trauma with strategies for building resilience
- Understanding and shifting the trauma bond
- Developing a trauma focused system of care
The purpose of the course is to equip clinicians and other direct service professionals, with the skills necessary to identify the dynamics of trauma bonding. The signs and symptoms as well as how trauma bonding occurs will be discussed and practical strategies for addressing trauma bonding will be introduced. Participants will gain and understanding of how trauma bonding is present in domestic violence, relationship violence, human trafficking, and other situations involving fear, coercion, and trauma.
- Define trauma bonding and understand the movement towards reframing as trauma coercion attachment.
- Discuss the complex bonds formed in the presence of coercion, fear, and trauma.
- Analyze the role of sex in trauma coercion attachment.
- Discern physical and psychological consequences of trauma coercion attachment in relation to the mind/body divide.
- Explore the concept of embodiment and how we as health professionals can apply this to treating victims of sex trafficking.
- Discover identification strategies that you, as health professionals (or first responders) can utilize to engage with people experiencing trauma attachments for the purposes of identification, screening, assessment, and treatment.
The course will include interactive exercises and case studies to assist in the application of the materials.
This course is appropriate for direct service providers, clinicians, healthcare professionals, first responders.
- Prevention of human trafficking through assessment of indicators and assistance to systems that work with children and vulnerable adults (e.g. child welfare, education/school systems, community-based services, athletic and other systems)
- Screening, assessment, and treatment planning in the context of human trafficking
- Identifying, treating, and responding to special populations of human trafficking (e.g. people with disabilities, foster children)
- Human trafficking and addiction
- Enhancing visibility and discussion in human trafficking via enhancing media and online solutions (e.g. documenting the stories of survivors, representation at events, facilitated panel discussion, conferences, and using partnered mailouts and newsletters with online solutions)
- Facilitating a culture of ethics and compliance
- Navigating high conflict people and environments
- Using coaching strategies in supervision contexts
- Developing a collaborative based on Collective Impact
- Evaluation, data-driven decision making, and accountability in coalitions and collaboratives
Training focused on helping employees find a healthy balance between stress and work-life, with useful tools and guides.
Want to discuss a project?
Dedicated to assisting communities, organizations, and individuals to develop sustainable, integrated, and effective services, supports, and citizens, we welcome all inquiries.